Guitar and music blog

3/14/2010

New series of lead guitar articles coming soon...

I love to play guitar but I especially love to play lead guitar.  I really love the arpeggio heavy and exotic styles of Jason Becker and Marty Friedman


When I first started to play lead guitar I struggled learning how to sweep pick, even now I'm no speed demon like Jason Becker or Rusty Cooley but I have the basic technique down, so I am planning a series of articles to help people starting out, or just to bounce some ideas around.  I use a pattern based approach to aid learning different arpeggios and the notes involved, it also helps to simplify the amount of stuff you need to remember, my memory's quite bad so the less I have to remember the better!!

So look out for the first article coming soon, if you have any questions or suggestions on sweep picking or anything else let me know and Ill do my best to answer.

0 comments: